[Debian-ha-maintainers] Transition for OpenHPI package

Bryan Sutula bryan at sutula.org
Sat Jun 23 19:33:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've noticed that the cluster-glue source package has a dependency on
libopenhpi2, a library package produced by OpenHPI.  I'm sorry I've been
so unresponsive at upgrading OpenHPI, but I'm packaging upstream right
now.  I've run into one complication.

The latest stable OpenHPI is 3.0.0.  Because of the major version change
and also because they have reorganized the structure of the libraries,
they have bumped the soname of the libraries from 2 to 3.  I think this
means that my libopenhpi2 package now needs to be named libopenhpi3.

Because we're getting down to the wire, I understand that we'll need to
coordinate this transition with the release team, to avoid breaking your
package.  Also, I don't know whether this change will require openhpi to
go through the new queue again.  Lastly, it would mean a change to your
package, at least the control file.

As a final complication, I'm not a Debian Developer...I rely on some
friends to do my uploads.  I can probably get this uploaded by them
early this coming week, but perhaps one of your team would rather do the
upload for me.  There would then be some opportunity for your team to
test the package with yours before upload.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.  If I don't hear this
weekend, I'll try to push an upload through as though there was no
coordination between our packages.  I'm just thinking that this might be
smoother if we have coordinated.

I'm not on your list...please direct any replies to me directly.

Thanks much,
Bryan Sutula