[Debian-ha-maintainers] corosync/pacemaker in jessie - status?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Fri Apr 10 09:44:50 UTC 2015

Stefan Bauer <stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de> writes:

> Martin mentioned that there is already ongoing work on this even
> though i havent seen any new packages for pacemaker/corosync...

Hi Stefan,

Yes, we're working on creating fresh packages.  Richard packaged libqb
0.17.1, which should be usable but has minor issues, and the discussion
unexpectedly died off (see the archives of the Debian-ha-maintainers
list).

We're stalled on creating shared repositories on Alioth and deciding
their structure.  By the way: do you know about recent packaging
repositories of libqb, corosync and pacemaker we could build on?  Eg.
http://anonscm.debian.org/hg/debian-ha/pacemaker stops at 1.0.10-6,
clearly missing recent advances.
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-ha/corosync.git/ is also behind.

> I started to upload packages to mentors for pacemaker/corosync -
> latest from ubuntu.

Did you also review them?  Lots of Lintian messages there...

> I'm only DM - hence can not upload by myself.

Yeah -- part of the problem is that no DDs are active in the team.  This
slows things down a great deal.  What's worse, the Release Team never
suggested any path out of this sorry situation, so uploads are barred
anyway. :(
--
Regards,
Feri.