[Debian-ha-maintainers] corosync/pacemaker in jessie - status?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Apr 14 11:32:46 UTC 2015

Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

> 1. Should I actually tag my version, then have you add yours as a new
> commit and we use that commit as the release? (In order to preserve
> updated changelog)

Keeping separate small commits is good in general.  However, we're doing
a quite fresh start now, so it does not matter.  Back-and-forth changes
should certainly be folded, especially that the repo layout isn't final
yet.

> 2. If 1 is unecessary and I may move your changes into the repository
> and then tag it as 0.17.1-1, how should I go about adding your changes
> to the changelog and giving you proper credit in this version?

See my other mail.

> 3. Are 1 and 2 both uneccessary because we can have the changelog show
> the two versions but only the latest one actually exists (the tag from
> you)?

Only tag the uploaded tree, not every commit.

> Would it be easiest for you to just push your changes to the packaging
> repository and modify the changelog appropriately?

In the long run, absolutely.  We keep the changelog UNRELEASED until we
prepare an upload, then finalize it (dch -r), build, tag and upload.
--
Regards,
Feri.