[Debian-ha-maintainers] corosync/pacemaker in jessie - status?

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Mon Apr 13 23:56:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 14:57 -0400, Richard B Winters wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 20:18 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
> > My current take on libqb is at http://apt.niif.hu/libqb/; it's basically
> > what Richard provided plus various little changes I would recommend (I'm
> > still pondering on splitting the HTML API docs into a separate binary).
> > Please test/review it if you
>
> Thanks, I got halfway through remaking the repository when I got called
> away, and the party just kept on going and going.
>
> I'm updating my package, and the suggested improvements are included.

@Feri,

Sorry, I see that you built atop of my package, for a 0.17.1-1.1 -> I
went ahead and started to move your improvements (patches and all ->
thank you for taking the time to fix upstreams issues!)

What I'm lacking in experience with is:

1. Should I actually tag my version, then have you add yours as a new
commit and we use that commit as the release? (In order to preserve
updated changelog)

2. If 1 is unecessary and I may move your changes into the repository
and then tag it as 0.17.1-1, how should I go about adding your changes
to the changelog and giving you proper credit in this version?

3. Are 1 and 2 both uneccessary because we can have the changelog show
the two versions but only the latest one actually exists (the tag from
you)?

Would it be easiest for you to just push your changes to the packaging
repository and modify the changelog appropriately?  I don't mind moving
your improvements over myself...just wondering what's the best route to
take here.

@Matthew,

Once Feri and I figure this out....libqb is ready :)

Please advise,

--
Rik