[Debian-ha-maintainers] Removing packages from jessie

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Wed Apr 15 09:23:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

jessie is going to ship an incomplete stack, and from what Richard
told me on IRC, the packages in jessie will somewhat be incompatible
with the packages currently in sid, or what is currently being
prepared for uploading. So, even if we eventually provide backports
for the packages missing in jessie, users will need to upgrade at
least some other packages from the jessie to the jessie-bpo versions.

I am wondering if we shouldn't rather remove these useless packages
from jessie, so users won't have to spend time wondering what that
mess is all about.

Looking at https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-ha-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org :

Should

* cluster-glue 1.0.12~rc1+hg2777-1.2
* corosync 1.4.6-1.1
* hearbeat 1:3.0.5+hg12629-1.2
* openais 1.1.4-4.2
* redhat-cluster 3.1.8-1.2
* resource-agents 1:3.9.3+git20121009-3.1

be dropped from jessie? Or are any of these useful to have in jessie?

(csync2, gfs2-utils, drbd-doc and drbd-utils are probably fine.)

My knowledge about the dependencies between all these components is
limited, so please speak up now :) Time is ticking, but removals
should still be possible.

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/