[Debian-ha-maintainers] HA-addon repo for jessie (Re: Removing packages from jessie)

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Wed Apr 15 15:32:35 UTC 2015

Re: To Debian HA Maintainers 2015-04-15 <20150415092348.GA6889 at msg.df7cb.de>
> Looking at https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-ha-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org :
>
> Should
>
> * cluster-glue 1.0.12~rc1+hg2777-1.2
> * corosync 1.4.6-1.1
> * hearbeat 1:3.0.5+hg12629-1.2
> * openais 1.1.4-4.2
> * redhat-cluster 3.1.8-1.2
> * resource-agents 1:3.9.3+git20121009-3.1
>
> be dropped from jessie? Or are any of these useful to have in jessie?

After a chat with Adrian, the situation to me is that we do have a
working cluster stack in jessie, namely redhat-cluster-suite. The
packages mentioned above are all dependencies for that.

The only exception seems to be heartbeat, which could possibly be
removed from jessie without breaking anything. (Unless someone argues
that the heartbeat 1 style cluster stuff still works and we should
retain that.)

So the bottom line for me would be there's nothing to clean up in
jessie.

The next question then is: is there a set of packages that should go
into some "jessie HA add-on repo" that would contain the minimal set
of packages that would get pacemaker running there, or if that minimal
set means to provide the full stack.

If such a reasonable package subset exists, we could use unstable to
prepare it, and "random new upstream version uploads" should go to
experimental. If such a subset doesn't exist (or is not a subset), we
can restart from scratch and upload everything to unstable now.

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/