[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb_0.17.1-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Fri Apr 24 00:12:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-24 at 01:23 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Christoph Berg <myon at debian.org> writes:
>
> > can you please reject this upload? The orig tarball used wasn't really
> > pristine, and we need to do more updates on the package anyway.
>
> Hi,
>
> Do you want to redo 0.17.1-1, or release 0.17.1-2?  I've pushed some
> changes based on the (now rejected) 0.17.1-1 upload to
> https://github.com/wferi/libqb/commits/debian/sid, please take a look.
> (This is the DEP-14 repo structure I originally put up as a demo while
> debating the best structure.)

It would need to be 0.17.1-1, as it won't exist; if the actual
repositories act in any way like mentors does, it would need to exist
before uploading 0.17.1-2

It needed to be removed for the very reason that uploading a proper
0.17.1-2 with the correct source tarball wasn't possible; when done
on-top of a differing original source.

Though please excuse me if I'm incorrect with the non-public
repositories; this was my experience on mentors - and the folks in
debian-mentors said I'd have the same problem with the non-public
repositories most likely; which is why I requested to have it rejected
(according to their suggestion).

> I've just noticed your activity in the debian-ha repo.  AFAIK, replacing
> the Doxygen-installed jquery.js by a pure jquery.js from jQuery is
> specifically recommended against by the Doxygen developers, because
> their jquery.js contains other code besides jQuery.

I've/We've sent emails and every commit sends an email out to
debian-commits at lists.alioth.debian.org (also mentioned in an email). Are
my emails going into your spam box? (I've had one other tell me that my
emails went there). The only time it was disabled was for initial
history imports - which were quite annoying. Sorry if for some reason
you didn't catch the email.

That aside, if that is actually the case and can be documented; I don't
see the problem with overriding the lintian informational warning and
keeping the original embedded jquery.js library.

Feedback from anyone else?

I can remove libqb from mentors (if you'd like to upload there), or if
you want me to cherry-pick any change over to the alioth repository I
can build it again and re-upload. (if either is necessary of me)

I recall you suggesting dep-14, but as I also mentioned in the email
several of the new contributors were dissatisfied with working in that
fashion and argued it incredibly well. If you'd like join us on IRC or
send a follow  up email and explain it to them; I'm sure you can do a
better job than I can - perhaps the majority would agree with it then?

> Also, .gitignore does not enter the source package, so I'd just change
> it at will; do you think it's problematic?

Yes, when you use gbp toolset to build, it does not copy any files
ignored to the exported build directory (if you so choose to use one);
so to make it easier, making this change was desired. It was noted in
the commit. (it ignores libqb-*, libqb-dev* wasn't being copied over)

Best,

--
Rik