[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb_0.17.1-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Fri Apr 24 10:14:05 UTC 2015

Re: Richard B Winters 2015-04-24 <1429834338.8752.77.camel at mmogp.com>
> > Do you want to redo 0.17.1-1, or release 0.17.1-2?  I've pushed some
> > changes based on the (now rejected) 0.17.1-1 upload to
> > https://github.com/wferi/libqb/commits/debian/sid, please take a look.
> > (This is the DEP-14 repo structure I originally put up as a demo while
> > debating the best structure.)

Hi,

I've cherry-picked some of your changes from there, thanks!

Most notably, I've omitted the soname bump, as we should only deviate
from upstream if there's an actual reason. So far I haven't seen any
problems with the new libqb version (though I haven't tried too hard
yet).

Feri, if you have more to add, can you push that to the alioth repo?

> It would need to be 0.17.1-1, as it won't exist; if the actual
> repositories act in any way like mentors does, it would need to exist
> before uploading 0.17.1-2
>
> It needed to be removed for the very reason that uploading a proper
> 0.17.1-2 with the correct source tarball wasn't possible; when done
> on-top of a differing original source.

it's correct that the upload needed to be removed to get a proper
orig tarball in place, but we could still go on with 0.17.1-2 as the
first upload. This makes sense if the botched 0.17.1-1 was installed
on any user machines. As it never passed the NEW queue I don't think
this would be the case (or do you have local installations that should
get an upgraded package?), we can go for a new attempt for 0.17.1-1.

> > I've just noticed your activity in the debian-ha repo.  AFAIK, replacing
> > the Doxygen-installed jquery.js by a pure jquery.js from jQuery is
> > specifically recommended against by the Doxygen developers, because
> > their jquery.js contains other code besides jQuery.

Upstreams tend to recommend using embedded code copies a lot. Is there
any documentation what they actually changed in jquery?

> I've/We've sent emails and every commit sends an email out to
> debian-commits at lists.alioth.debian.org (also mentioned in an email). Are
> my emails going into your spam box? (I've had one other tell me that my
> emails went there). The only time it was disabled was for initial
> history imports - which were quite annoying. Sorry if for some reason
> you didn't catch the email.

The commits mailing list is broken. It allows posts from subscribers
only. I don't want to subscribe, hence my commits don't go there...

I've done some more changes on libqb including addressing the open
bugs. Imho the package can now get uploaded. Comments?

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/