[Debian-ha-maintainers] Resource cannot run anywhere

Adrian.Vondendriesch Adrian.Vondendriesch at credativ.de
Mon Jul 13 16:19:59 UTC 2015

Hi Christian,

Am 13.07.2015 um 17:06 schrieb Leonhardt,Christian:
> Hello everyone,
>
> first of all thank you for working on a shiny, new stable release for
> the cluster stack. At the moment i am testing the binaries to replace
> our old heartbeat cluster (currently running on Wheezy) as soon as the
> new stack is stable. I am using the guide from
> https://wiki.debian.org/Debian-HA/ClustersFromScratch.

first of all, thank you for testing the packages and providing feedback.

> At the moment the cluster is running pretty well so far but i stuck at
> the failover tests.
> 'crm node standby' works flawlessly but moving a resource to an other
> node with 'resource move p_lighttpd' for example failes with 'Resource
> cannot run anywhere'. The resource just get stopped. The problem occurs
> when moving the resources p_squid3, p_apache2, p_bind9 or p_lighttpd.
> All other resouces like ip addresses or symlinks are working.
> Do i miss something or is it a bug?

I don't look too deep into your configuration, but it seems to me that

>  <rsc_location id="cli-ban-p_lighttpd-on-s1r3drslfw1" rsc="p_lighttpd"
role="Started" node="s1r3drslfw1" score="-INFINITY"/>

is preventing the migration of p_lighttpd to node s1r3drslfw1. Did you
hit "crm_resource -U" ... after "crm_resource -M"? Just a thought.

[1]
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-moving-resource.html

Greetings

 - Adrian