[Debian-ha-maintainers] Resource cannot run anywhere

Leonhardt,Christian christian.leonhardt at dako.de
Tue Jul 14 07:26:55 UTC 2015

Hi Adrian,

Am Montag, den 13.07.2015, 18:19 +0200 schrieb Adrian.Vondendriesch:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Am 13.07.2015 um 17:06 schrieb Leonhardt,Christian:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > first of all thank you for working on a shiny, new stable release
> > for
> > the cluster stack. At the moment i am testing the binaries to
> > replace
> > our old heartbeat cluster (currently running on Wheezy) as soon as
> > the
> > new stack is stable. I am using the guide from
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Debian-HA/ClustersFromScratch.
>
> first of all, thank you for testing the packages and providing
> feedback.

thank you for your reply.
> > At the moment the cluster is running pretty well so far but i stuck
> > at
> > the failover tests.
> > 'crm node standby' works flawlessly but moving a resource to an
> > other
> > node with 'resource move p_lighttpd' for example failes with
> > 'Resource
> > cannot run anywhere'. The resource just get stopped. The problem
> > occurs
> > when moving the resources p_squid3, p_apache2, p_bind9 or
> > p_lighttpd.
> > All other resouces like ip addresses or symlinks are working.
> > Do i miss something or is it a bug?
>
> I don't look too deep into your configuration, but it seems to me
> that
>
> >  <rsc_location id="cli-ban-p_lighttpd-on-s1r3drslfw1"
> > rsc="p_lighttpd"
> role="Started" node="s1r3drslfw1" score="-INFINITY"/>
>
> is preventing the migration of p_lighttpd to node s1r3drslfw1. Did
> you
> hit "crm_resource -U" ... after "crm_resource -M"? Just a thought.

Thats what i did. There were no active location constraints before
moving the resource. cli-ban-p_lighttpd-on-s1r3drslfw1 was created
during "crm_resource -M" because s1r3drslfw1 was the active node. The
resource should move to s3r2drslfw1. Be aware of the first four chars
in the server names. Its a bit tricky.

WARNING: Creating rsc_location constraint 'cli-ban-p_lighttpd-on
-s1r3drslfw1' with a score of -INFINITY for resource p_lighttpd on
s1r3drslfw1.
	This will prevent p_lighttpd from running on s1r3drslfw1 until
the constraint is removed using the 'crm_resource --clear' command or
manually with cibadmin
	This will be the case even if s1r3drslfw1 is the last node in
the cluster
	This message can be disabled with --quiet

But the resource does not move. It just get stopped.

Greetings
Christian