[Debian-ha-maintainers] pacemaker in jessie please

braun braun at dc.uni-due.de
Tue Jun 9 15:59:11 UTC 2015

Dear HA Maintainers,

our mirrored services are configured with drbd, corosync and pacemaker
in wheezy.
I upgraded the standby-mirror-server to jessie and I was shoked about
the missing pacemaker.
I know about the error with the libqb-library. But there is no advantage
to lost important packages
due to one hardly finished library with no security-risk. In my opinion
this is a precedent to create
a new rule to the distribution.
Please be creative and make pacemaker and relateted packages available
for jessie, in backports
or external  serious source. But with active security-updates. Gladly in
more up-to-date versions.
For our important servers I don't want to compile a not well tested
version and make configuraton-errors in configure.
Until now I found no pacemaker and Co. in backports.

I try to compile like "http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Compiling_on_Debian"
and use the source versions-numbers for the tarball-version.
But it stops at corosync due to the missing libqb-lib. Between step
libqb and step corosync are some configuration-steps more
I don't know.

We use debian for years on our productive servers. server-packets are
important for us. Thank you for your very good work.

Best Regards,

Christina Braun

* email: braun at dc.uni-due.de
* Christina Braun
* WiWI/ICB/Informatik
* University DUE
* Schuetzenbahn 70  tel.: + 49    201 183-3929
* D-45127 Essen     fax.: + 49    201 183-2419