[Debian-ha-maintainers] Please let me join Debian-HA

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Tue Mar 24 02:44:08 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I would like to join the team.

I have experience building and setting up libqb, corosync, pacemaker,
crmsh, and pcs/pcsd. I've also been running a beowulf hpc cluster for a
couple months now as well, with ganglia.

I've also been in contact with upstream (just helped them out today as
they helped me, and also submit a pull request to pcs/pcsd to allow
feist to cherry-pick goodies).

now-a-days its recommended to use only corosync/pacemaker for the
cluster stack, that is how I've been building the stack. Though I've
also been using pcs/pcsd as well. I'd like to help package the latest
version of this stack.

If this project is dying, please allow me to help. I want to also
package pcs/pcsd...I will upload that package to Debian mentors when it
is complete if someone would be willing to sponsor it.

I'm also looking to become a Debian Maintainer, if anyone would be
interested to work with me as a sponsor and advocate for me in time
(I've got my signatures already).

I do a bit of work with Node.js (the technology, not the packaging
team); and have a need for a cluster environment pretty much 24/7.  So
I'd love to get involved with this team -> or help co-maintain/maintain
if the team has lost interest. (though judging from bug lists, you guys
simply missed the freeze and are working on getting things straightened
out?)

Please advise, I've also requested to join the debian-ha Alioth Team (my
username is devrik-guest). If you accept me as a new member, can you
please point me in the direction to what you're currently working on,
where you need the help -> and I will gladly move quickly.

Best,

--
Rik