[Debian-ha-maintainers] Please let me join Debian-HA

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Wed Mar 25 20:05:34 UTC 2015

Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

> I submitted an ITP for crmsh.  The package is about done, just doing
> tests etc.

Er, there already is a crmsh package in Debian:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/crmsh
So you probably don't want an ITP (#781173) after all.

> Well, I'll assume you did read the whole previous message -> so you know
> my take :)  - I think a repackaging of corosync (with all of its libs
> included in its package alone i.e. cpg cfg sam, etc) is warranted.

Martin split up the package at 1.4.1-2; it would be useful to know his
reasons.  The git commit message does not help, unfortunately.

> That would make it much easier for end users to go with a new stack from
> experimental or unstable, considering the tons of dependencies that
> exist in separate packages -> and the mess that is to be made when you
> try to pull newer packages which in fact either don't make use of, or
> which are conflicted by; dependencies that are only packaged for
> alternate dependencies necessary for the older stack.

I'd expect apt to solve this issue well enough, provided it's given
correct dependency info.  On the other hand, if all dependencies are
given with = ${binary:Version}, splitting them seems superfluous...
--
Regards,
Feri.