[Debian-ha-maintainers] Please let me join Debian-HA

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Wed Mar 25 17:17:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 17:58 +0100, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:
>
> > Please advise, I've also requested to join the debian-ha Alioth Team (my
> > username is devrik-guest). If you accept me as a new member, can you
> > please point me in the direction to what you're currently working on,
> > where you need the help -> and I will gladly move quickly.
>
> Hi Rik,
>
> I'm sure that your expertise is most welcome here, though I can't make
> an offical statement, being a guest like you.  However, I also intend to
> work on getting a fresh cluster stack into Debian.  A good first step
> would be finding the maintainers and asking their permission to hack away.
>
> Martin, Guido, do you still read this list?  What are your plans with
> corosync, for a start?

Hi Feri,

I hear ya there. I guess just to update the circle; I submitted an ITP
for crmsh.  The package is about done, just doing tests etc.

I was gonna go with pcs/pcsd next - since I thought there wasn't a
package for it yet; though seems Martin (madkiss?) had started on that
and left it alone back in 2013.

Well, I'll assume you did read the whole previous message -> so you know
my take :)  - I think a repackaging of corosync (with all of its libs
included in its package alone i.e. cpg cfg sam, etc) is warranted.

That would make it much easier for end users to go with a new stack from
experimental or unstable, considering the tons of dependencies that
exist in separate packages -> and the mess that is to be made when you
try to pull newer packages which in fact either don't make use of, or
which are conflicted by; dependencies that are only packaged for
alternate dependencies necessary for the older stack.

Whoo, that was wordy.  I'll stop there :)

Looking forward to debian-ha's resurrection!

Please advise,

--
Rik