[Debian-ha-maintainers] Jumping in!

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Thu Mar 26 14:39:26 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Thank you very much for adding me to the team. Please allow me to
introduce myself as Rik, but you'll probably notice me around the NET as
rikkotec or devrikx as well.

http://keybase.io/rik

My GPG Key 4096R is 1B842CB5 - Please add that key to your local machine
for future correspondences. I have Martin's key, but I did not catch
Feri's - and anyone I have not spoken with yet.

--

Martin, I will do my best to be consistent and accurate. With that said
I hope you do not mind questions from time to time :)

--

My plan is to go piece by piece, utilizing Martin's work in the Ubuntu
PPA as a reference; in order to get Debian's repositories up to date.

I don't have a particular order planned out, but I think getting all the
smaller related packages up-to-date ( i.e. like cluster-glue,
fence-agents, resource-agents, libqb, crmsh, pcs/pcsd, and so on) first
might make things seem less daunting when we start on the larger
portions such as corosync and pacemaker. But in the end it doesn't
matter :)

--

I see Alioth isn't really utilized, I was considering putting up some
projects - not code, I believe its just all collaborative task listing -

Would everyone involved be ok with that? Or perhaps - since it's not
used for seemingly anything at this point; I had an even better idea:

I created debian-ha organization on Github.com (owner invite sent over
to Martin) we could have the benefits of gfm/gists/etc -> and update
News at Alioth, and update links to collaboration/dev documentation from
Alioth to Github?

Please let me know what you think about that.

--

Lastly, my handle is devrikx on IRC (I'm typically in #debian,
#debian-next, #debian-mentors, #debian-newmaint, #debian-nyc, as well as

You can also Google hangouts me via my email address.

Best,

--
Rik