[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb is ready

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Mar 31 13:01:16 UTC 2015

Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

> wferi at niif.hu writes:
>
>> Looking at http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep14/, let me recommend cloning
>> the upstream repo into that new Alioth repo, and use debian/{sid,...}
>> branches for packaging.  That is, not using a disconnected Git repo for
>> packaging only.
>
> I also see in there that the method I'm using is just fine. It's even
> assumed as the first option no?

It's fine and it's widely used.  But I agree with the DEP14 author that
the alternative has considerable merits if upstream uses git as well.

> And I've got a question - dep14 is a draft, the latest accepted dep
> version is dep5...shouldn't we be following that?

DEP5 is about a machine readable copyright file format.  We should (and
do) follow it, but it has no connection to DEP14 whatsoever.

> What happens when dep14 is potentially rejected like several drafts
> before it?

Nothing, DEP14 is just a naming convention which can be followed.
--
Regards,
Feri.