[Debian-ha-maintainers] backporting, packaging issues

Matthew Vernon mcv21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 13 14:18:57 UTC 2015

On 13/05/15 14:25, Matthew Vernon wrote:

> The good news is that making jessie-backports suitable builds of libqb,
> corosync, cluster-glue, and pacemaker is pretty trivial. Configuring
> them may take a bit longer ;-)

In less good news, there's a dependency cycle:

crmsh Build-Depends upon libcib4-dev (>=1.1.12), which in turn Depends
upon pacemaker (= 1.1.12-1~bpo8+1)

But pacemaker Depends upon crmsh | pcs.

This makes building crmsh from source "challenging" - you can't install
pacemaker (needed to build crmsh) without already having build crmsh.

My initial suspicion is that the various libraries don't actually need
to Depend upon pacemaker?

Regards,

Matthew