[Debian-ha-maintainers] crm_mon email notification problem

Gianluca Merlo gianluca.merlo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:55:43 UTC 2015

> Gianluca Merlo <gianluca.merlo at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am experiencing the same problem using packages from ppa.mmogp.com
> > (specifically, I have tested pacemaker-cli-utils package version
> 1.1.12-1).
> > I am not an expert at all in the pacemaker inner workings, but briefly
> > looking at the code in tools/crm_mon.c from the pacemaker source package
> > 1.1.12-1 it seems to me that it may be suffering from the breakage cited
> in
> >
> > http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2014-July/022344.html
> >
> > and fixed by Mr. Beekhof in upstream
> >
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/3df6aff2d72d508c7c3eeb5ccc48856d624e86a6
> .
> > Also, crm_mon has seen his share of upstream fixes since then, apart from
> > this specific question.
> >
> > May I ask the maintainers team for a confirmation of this?
>
> I can confirm that 3df6aff is contained in 1.1.13, which you can (at the
> moment) find at "deb http://apt.niif.hu/debian jessie main" (or sid) if
> your architecture is amd64 (if not, deb-src is also available).  If you
> feel like testing those packages, go ahead and send feedback, please.
> --
> Thanks,
> Feri.

Hello Ferenc,

I have followed your suggestion and tried packages from "deb
http://apt.niif.hu/debian jessie main" on a clean couple of jessie VMs. I
admit that I have been in a hurry, and had some problem pinning my way
through stretch, ppa.mmogp.com (I found no way to avoid using it), and the
latter. I may have been silly, but I did not take time searching for past
hints on how to properly mix the whole.
I considered https://wiki.debian.org/Debian-HA/ClustersFromScratch as a
base, and troubleshooted my way on from that. If you have, or can point at,
more updated versions of such a document, I will for sure make use of it. I
currently am somehow freezing my usage to what is available on ppa.mmogp.com,
so I cannot guarantee to be able to proceed in testing more recent
versions, but having some documented procedure to do so may help tip the
balance.

Despite unexpectedly ending up with pcs instead of crmsh (I never used it
before), I have made some simple tests with a ClusterMon resource like the
one Stephane (and I) use, and I can confirm that all forms of crm_mon seems
to work correctly (I tested e-mail, SNMP traps, and external agent
functionality). I hope that the process of building the HA stack for jessie
will take into account the apparent need of using some upstream updated
code if crm_mon notification functionality is considered critical.

Thank you again for your help.

Gianluca Merlo