[Debian-ha-maintainers] Build LVM2 against corosync 2.3.4

Dhionel Díaz ddiaz at cenditel.gob.ve
Wed Sep 2 15:56:28 UTC 2015

El 02/09/15 a las 04:24, Ferenc Wagner escribió:
> Dhionel Díaz <ddiaz at cenditel.gob.ve> writes:
>
>> dlm_controld was compiled from the sources published in
>> https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/dlm.git.
>
> Do you feel like testing fresh packages of DLM 4.0.2, Corosync 2.3.5 and
> latest LVM?  What's your architecture?

I'd be glad to help. The cluster currently has four amd64 physical
servers, other four will be added soon. Just let me know where can I
download the source packages and what would be the test protocol to follow.

>> The change was required because the compilation was failing due to a
>> missing corosync/list.h included from corosync/totem/totem.h; perhaps
>> totem.h should also be removed from global header install.
>
> This is an upstream issue and will be handled differently, see
> https://github.com/corosync/corosync/issues/81.
> Also, we're dropping OpenAIS.  If you do not configure LVM
> --with-openais, you can ignore this issue.

I see, the change in clvmd-comms.h may then be considered a temporary
workaround.

  The libqb headers should
> also be pulled in automatically.

In my case, the lvm2 Build-Depends package list was installed but the
compilation failed and I had to explicitly install libqb-dev. As the
expected behavior is an automatic install, maybe there's a missing
dependency somewhere.

>> The setup seems to be working properly.
>> Thanks for all the good work.
>
> Thank you for the testing.

Glad to be helpful.

Regards,

--
Dhionel Díaz
Centro Nacional de Desarrollo e Investigación en Tecnologías Libres