[Debian-ha-maintainers] Build Pacemaker with cman

Adrian Vondendriesch adrian.vondendriesch at credativ.de
Thu Sep 3 20:01:08 UTC 2015

Hi Alexis,

Am 01.09.2015 um 18:37 schrieb Ferenc Wagner:

>> In order to setup Pacemaker+DRBD+GFS2, I need to install CMAN with
>> pacemaker[1]. But Pacemaker provided by ppa.mmogp.com doesn't have it
>> in its features :
>
> Yes, CMAN is deprecated, the current HA stack does not use it.  You
> should be able to use DRBD and GFS2 without CMAN nowadays, under
> Corosync 2.  We're working towards that.  Help is welcome, though,
> especially because I personally don't use either DRDB nor GFS2.

You could setup DRBD (dual primary) with DLM and GFS2 without CMAN.
Eventually you will need a newer version of DLM (Version 4 [2]), but I'm
not not sure. I don't tested it yet. IIRC Feri is working on DLM4 for
Debian.

How to setup DRBD, DLM and GFS2 without CMAN is described in [1] (on
CentOS / RHEL).

[1]
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/ch09.html
[2] https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/dlm.git