[Debian-ha-maintainers] sbd vs Pacemaker 2

Valentin Vidic Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr
Tue Jan 15 10:37:30 GMT 2019

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:29:15AM +0100, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> The new upstream release seems to build fine.  Lintian still brings up
> issues, but I left those for another upload.  There's something I'm
> confused about, though: you don't start the daemon on installation:
>
> dh_installinit --only-scripts --no-start
> dh_installsystemd --no-start --no-restart-on-upgrade --no-restart-after-upgrade
>
> but leave it enabled, which means it would start after a reboot.  The
> only thing I know about sbd is that its startup is a delicate matter.
> How do you handle it in this package?

It is always started and stopped with corosync:

# /lib/systemd/system/sbd.service
[Unit]
Description=Shared-storage based fencing daemon
Documentation=man:sbd(8)
Before=pacemaker.service
After=systemd-modules-load.service iscsi.service
PartOf=corosync.service
RefuseManualStop=true
RefuseManualStart=true
[Install]
RequiredBy=corosync.service

We can test if it could be disabled and still work correctly.

--
Valentin