[Debian-ha-maintainers] Debian HA <-> Ubuntu HA sync & help

Rafael David Tinoco rafaeldtinoco at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 31 20:47:51 GMT 2019

On 31/10/2019 17:35, Valentin Vidić wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 09:09:13PM +0100, Valentin Vidić wrote:
>> I think this is a good plan. Start testing and documenting various
>> setups while trying to fix problems that you find in the process.
>> For example LVM-activate is a popular agent for shared storage and
>> it had some changes in the last year so it would be good to test it
>> some more.
Totally agree. I have a few bugs reported in launchpad I'll fix, if
needed, into the last merges. I'll upload to salsa and remove the deltas
on my side if/when they're merged on yours.

Will try to cover the most used scenarios for the documentation. What
would be the best format for you ? Wiki markdown styled pages ? PDF ?

> Looking at the upstream changes, some other popular agents apart from
> LVM-activate that could probably benefit from more testing could be:
>
> - docker
> - galera
> - mariadb
> - iSCSI*
> - LVM
> - rabbitmq
> - redis
> - ZFS
> - aws-*
> - gcp-*
> - azure-*
> - openstack-*
>
> and if the test could be automated with ocft or autopkgtest that would
> be even better :)
That's great to know where to focus, actually!

My problem with autopkgtest is its "single instance" nature. I haven't
used ocft yet, I see its a testing tool for resource-agents... will read
its docs.

Apart from that, other "complex" environments (s390x + zFCP + DS8K
storage type of scenarios) I might have jenkins running regular jobs in
those to get regressions as we merge things.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to helping!

Cheers o/

Rafael