[Debian-ha-maintainers] Debian HA <-> Ubuntu HA sync & help

Valentin Vidić vvidic at debian.org
Thu Oct 31 21:16:46 GMT 2019

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 05:47:51PM -0300, Rafael David Tinoco wrote:
> Totally agree. I have a few bugs reported in launchpad I'll fix, if needed,
> into the last merges. I'll upload to salsa and remove the deltas on my side
> if/when they're merged on yours.

Yes, if the changes you have are useful for us, create a merge request on
Salsa and we will take it.

> Will try to cover the most used scenarios for the documentation. What would
> be the best format for you ? Wiki markdown styled pages ? PDF ?

At the moment we only have some probably outdated documentation on the
Debian Wiki, so not really sure how to integrate this. If you want you
can upload it there, but maybe it would be better to just keep it in one
place where you publish for Ubuntu and we can than link to it from our
page on Debian Wiki.

> My problem with autopkgtest is its "single instance" nature. I haven't used
> ocft yet, I see its a testing tool for resource-agents... will read its
> docs.

Yes, the upstream can't use autopkgtests so if it's some simple service
it would be better to make an ocft test if possible.

> Apart from that, other "complex" environments (s390x + zFCP + DS8K storage
> type of scenarios) I might have jenkins running regular jobs in those to get
> regressions as we merge things.

Right, autopkgtest does not really support multi node setup so only
simple services can be tested there. For more complex things I was
thinking that maybe vagrant or some other similar tool can be scripted
to bring up a cluster of say 3 nodes and run some tests on it.

--
Valentin