[Debian-ha-maintainers] Cleaning up cluster-glue

Valentin Vidić vvidic at debian.org
Sat Mar 7 09:18:17 GMT 2020

On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 09:33:37AM +0100, wferi at niif.hu wrote:
> I wanted to enable CIB secrects in Pacemaker, and found that your
> cluster-glue package already ships /usr/sbin/cibsecret, posing a file
> conflict for me.  Instead of working around this issue, I propose that
> we first have a good look at cluster-glue to decide which parts of it
> serve no purpose anymore, and get rid of them.  My suspects are:
>
> * logd (I don't know of any user)
> * lrmd (new version was integrated into Pacemaker)
> * the contents of /usr/lib/heartbeat (mostly lrmd components)
> * the contents of /usr/sbin (and the corresponding manpages) except for
>   * hb_report (if we can make it work)
>   * meatclient
>   * stonith (maybe; not sure it provides anything beyond stonith_admin)
> * /usr/share/cluster-glue (after review)
> * /usr/share/python3/runtime.d/cluster-glue.rtupdate (no idea)
>
> This would practically leave as with the STONITH agents.
> What do you think?

I agree, it would be even better if we could drop the whole cluster-glue
package but that is probably not possible right now. One other thing to
consider is if some of these parts are used by the old heartbeat package
and if we want to drop that one too.

Also I don't consider the packages to be mine but rather team owned so
you can also start modifying the parts you need to proceed :)

--
Valentin