[Debian-handbook-translators] Fwd: Merge request from Weblate

Matías Bellone matiasbellone+debian at gmail.com
Mon May 20 14:37:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 20 May 2013, Matías Bellone wrote:
>> I added the following lines to config.xsl and the information is still
>> appearing in English :S
>
> Hum, right, fixed this time. And I committed the provided translations.

I can confirm now that I can create the same PDF. I was checking
through it and found a few minor issues.

1- When making references, the text displays as "Section X, "TITLE"
(page Y)". The text is indeed translated to Spanish and the "page Y"
does use the translated template in the XSL. But the text itself is
wrong, to start with the title should be within angular quotes («»)
instead of double quotes ("").

2- More importantly, in that same text, the text is missing a
connector. The original text is something like "see <xref ...>" that
results in "see Section...", when I translate it to Spanish I kept the
same structure "revise <xref ...>", but when that results in "revise
Sección.." it is wrong and should be "revise la Sección..." but that
is only because it starts that way, if only the title was used it
"revise «title»" would be correct.

I know that I can change the translation itself (adding "la" before
the xref), but I'd rather it was a translateable template, just as the
sidebars.Mostly in case that text or format changes in the future
("revise la «title»" would be wrong). Not sure if that is possible
though.

3- Sidebar references have an extra space in them. While the XSL
states "«%t»" all references have a space between the « and the title
itself :S

Regards,
Toote