[Debian-handbook-translators] Fwd: Merge request from Weblate

Matías Bellone matiasbellone+debian at gmail.com
Mon May 20 14:42:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Matías Bellone
<matiasbellone+debian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 20 May 2013, Matías Bellone wrote:
>>> I added the following lines to config.xsl and the information is still
>>> appearing in English :S
>>
>> Hum, right, fixed this time. And I committed the provided translations.
>>

> I can confirm now that I can create the same PDF. I was checking
> through it and found a few minor issues.
>
> 1- When making references, the text displays as "Section X, "TITLE"
> (page Y)". The text is indeed translated to Spanish and the "page Y"
> does use the translated template in the XSL. But the text itself is
> wrong, to start with the title should be within angular quotes («»)
> instead of double quotes ("").
>
> 2- More importantly, in that same text, the text is missing a
> connector. The original text is something like "see <xref ...>" that
> results in "see Section...", when I translate it to Spanish I kept the
> same structure "revise <xref ...>", but when that results in "revise
> Sección.." it is wrong and should be "revise la Sección..." but that
> is only because it starts that way, if only the title was used it
> "revise «title»" would be correct.
>
> I know that I can change the translation itself (adding "la" before
> the xref), but I'd rather it was a translateable template, just as the
> sidebars.Mostly in case that text or format changes in the future
> ("revise la «title»" would be wrong). Not sure if that is possible
> though.

Apparently we would need several templates depending on what the xref
actually points to. I've now found references to chapters, in which
case "see Chapter X.." is correct in English, I translated it - as all
others - as "revise <xref...>" and that results in "revise Capítulo"
which is wrong and its correct form would be "revise el Capítulo". So
having just one template would make some references incorrect :S

Sorry to cause so many issues.

Regards,
Toote