[Debian-handbook-translators] [OFF-TOPIC] Translation of texts in a SVG file

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed May 14 20:35:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 13 May 2014, Claudio Filho wrote:
> Sorry by the off-topic, but is a doubt about Debian and translation. Some
> time ago i did a infographic about Debian[1] that was translated in 10
> languages. I did a update in my work and the translation process is
> terrible.I need a better way to do and maintain it.
>
> [1]http://cfnarede.com.br/infografico-do-debian
>
> So, i ask if someone have some tip or suggestion to translate strings in a
> SVG file. I tried to find in the net without a good way to do it.

I think it's not yet supported but it seems to me that po4a would be a good
software to handle this. Since SVG is just XML, it should not be too hard
to implement.

apt-cache show po4a

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/