[Debian-handbook-translators] The Debian Administrator's Handbook ready to be translated!

AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Nov 3 05:11:11 UTC 2015

Dear Raphael,

> BTW, since the Japanese translation is so advanced, what do you think of
> having the book available for print? Would you be willing to work with
> me to get a japanese paperback available via lulu.com?

Yes, I'm willing to work with you for publishing of Japanese edition.

In connection with that,
I know the Japanese pdf generated by debian-handbook.tex
via ./build/build-pdf is not so good for Japanese book
(missing fonts, word wrap, line break rule, etc...).

So, I just added some code for fixing these issues [1].
The commit mainly consists of following items.
* Add Japanese-specific style sheet for good Japanese typesetting.
* Add conditional branch for using the style sheet if '--lang=ja-JP' specified.

[1] https://github.com/l/debian-handbook/commit/bcd1342e15d800cca4ecd23b2903be9270cc35ca

I would like to push the modification to jessie/master not to new branch (jessie/print-ja?).
Because I believe that it will coexist with feature stable branch (stretch/master?).
I would appreciate it if you review, modify and commit/push it as needed.

This commit is for current original jessie/master branch and
is available on jessie/master/typesetting/pdf/00_add_code_for_building_japanese_pdf
on my github account [2].

[2] https://github.com/l/debian-handbook/commits/jessie/master/typesetting/pdf/00_add_code_for_building_japanese_pdf

Last but not least, when you build pdf for Japanese ($ ./build/build-pdf --lang=ja-JP ...),
you will need to install another debian packages.
Because font and tex package for Japanese typesetting are needed for build.

Sincerely yours,
Ryuunosuke Ayanokouzi
--
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke <i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp>