[Debian-handbook-translators] The Debian Administrator's Handbook ready to be translated!

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Nov 3 08:23:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, 03 Nov 2015, AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke wrote:
> In connection with that,
> I know the Japanese pdf generated by debian-handbook.tex
> via ./build/build-pdf is not so good for Japanese book
> (missing fonts, word wrap, line break rule, etc...).
>
> So, I just added some code for fixing these issues [1].

I clearly want to integrate everything needed but I want to understand
why each change is needed.

1/ You are dropping the -q and -E option of xdvipdfmx. Why? A PDF ready for
print on lulu.com must have all fonts embedded. I understand you might
want to have those options disabled during "development" to ensure you
don't embed a font that you don't have the right to... but when I
generate a final PDF I prefer to be on the safe side.

2/ Can you explain the role of each LaTeX command you add (except
\set{main,sans,mono}font that I clearly understand)?

I don't want those changes in a separate stylesheet, I want them
in build/dblatex/config.xsl but they should be protected with a

> I would like to push the modification to jessie/master not to new branch (jessie/print-ja?).

Yes, the change will go to jessie/master. jessie/print-ja would only
contain random hacks to fix the layout for the specific edition that we
prepare and that we don't want to integrate in the main branch (because
they are just hacks like moving text around or adding short TeX commands
to force a pagebreak, etc.).

> Last but not least, when you build pdf for Japanese ($ ./build/build-pdf --lang=ja-JP ...),
> you will need to install another debian packages.

Which package would that be? Please document them in the Build-Depends
field of debian/control.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer