[Debian-handbook-translators] Dutch translation

Patrick Kox patrick.kox at skynet.be
Thu Mar 30 08:34:57 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

I'm considering to help translate the Debian Administrator's Handbook
into Dutch (ISO code nl-NL), I'm actually in Belgium so not exactly the
correct region, but only nl-NL seems to be supported by Publican (I
don't think there are that much differences though, apart from some
dialect differences).

I've been using Debian for several years now, My first experience was
with a book called "The Debian Linux User's Guide - 2nd Edition" (ISBN
0-9659575-1-9) which came with Debian 2.0. But I never got that
correctly installed/running.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I've been using Debian for a
while, but only as a "Home User" so I have no experience with
setting-up servers or anything like that.

I'm currently running Stretch, Does that matter for the translation
(differences in screenshots maybe?) and with Stretch in soft-freeze now
would it be a good idea to start with Jessie or wait for stretch?

My idea is to basically read the Manual and try to translate as I read
though the book.

Since I have zero programming experience, I think the method of choice
would be the Weblate website and maybe move to Git at a later stage (or
maybe only for the Diagrams and Screenshots).

If anyone can give me some additional advise it would be greatly
appreciated, for example if someone can point to a good tutorial on Git.

Kind Regards
Patrick Kox
patrick.kox at skynet.be