[Debian-handbook-translators] Preface vs foreword

Patrick Kox patrick.kox at skynet.be
Thu Apr 6 10:14:13 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Can anyone explain the difference between preface and foreword?
When I translate preface to Dutch it's "voorwoord" but that's the exact same word for foreword.

As I understand a foreword is written by someone else than the author who has read the manuscript and gives his appreciation to the author/book.

So the preface in this case is more like an introduction or something like that?

I'm thinking something like one of the following :
- about
- about Debian
- about the Debian Project
- Information - Introduction - ...
(All translated into Dutch offcouse)

What do you think and do you have other suggestions?

Patrick