[Indlinux-group] Fw: [Debian-in-workers] possible packages for indic-desktop task

jitendras@ncst.ernet.in jitendras@ncst.ernet.in
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:51:11 +0530

Dear jaldharbhai,
Nice to hear from you and thanks for the compliments.
May I know where you are based.
I appreciate your efforts for the (noble) cause of debian distro.
We at janabhaaratii will also strive to support debian while also support the
commercial distributions like RedHat and Suse,because our target is to reach out
to the masses at the earliest.
In fact the technical tasks 9other than translations) that emerge from your
e-mail/mission are exciting and we would like to see how janabhaaratii team (
about 10 Comp science grads with a few more to join) and college students on
projects or training can contribute to it, specifically in the various indian
languages.
How do you think we can go about it?
It would require 1> clear specification of tasks 2>scouting for
interested/capable hackers
The second part we can do certainly. First part how much can you do?
We are also struggling with knoppix remastering. Any one knowledgeable apart
from our bets bet and last resort Gkarunakar.
regards
jitendra