[Debian-in-workers] Re: hello + UTF8

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Mon Aug 8 04:33:48 UTC 2005

On 08/08/2005, at 12:17 PM, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> I was alerted by Denis Barbier to your message on debian-i18n.
> Sorry I don't understand why you could not post to Debian-in-
> workers.  You appear to be a member in good standing.  I've set
> follow up to that list.  Lets see if it works now.

Jaldhar, svashka did post to that list, but her msg did not appear.

> Anyway, your problem has been noticed before.  For some reason
> Debian Mozillas' pango doesn't render Devanagari properly.  But
> whether it is a Mozilla, a pango, or even a font problem remains to
> be seen.
>
> I am in the middle of preparing a mozilla package with some patches
> added which may help.  But its not finished yet.  So in the mean
> time, can you answer some questions?
<snip>

Do all people inputting Devanagari have to use a character palette,
inputting it one character at a time??

This seems a ridiculous waste of effort to me, so I hope not.

There have been similar problems in Unicode input and output for my
language, so I've run into some of these issues, too. :(

I hope we can get it worked out. Have you had any contact with this
project?

http://indlinux.org/

Thankyou for being willing to share your expertise and experience. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)