[Debian-in-workers] Starting D-I translation effort for Bangla - step 5

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 07:33:47 UTC 2005

Chris,
> Are you OK with all this?
> The main points are:
> -trigger a country choice between India (default) and Bangladesh
> -use English as an alternative to Bangla (which is what nearly all
>  languages do, of course)
> If so, I'll commit this entry, activate Bangla suppor tin
> localechooser and we'll proceed to next step.
Although I must admit that Bengali is NOT _the_ official language of
India, (it's the official language of Bangladesh), it's one of the 13+
official languages of India and is mostly spoken in the eastern Indian
states of West Bengal, Tripura, etc. So IMO, we can have bn_IN as the
default locale for the Bengali language. No issues from my side unless
somebody from Bangladesh speaks up and puts forward a different
opinion.
I am perfectly fine with this. I suppose you should commit it and we
should move to the next step.
Regards,
-bg-

--