[Debian-in-workers] aspell mr & hi packages in sid

Soumyadip Modak soumyadip.modak at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:20:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 08:59 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Seems like this  has to be discussed in  debian-devel or debian-aspell
> > (if there is one) list.
>
> Well, no. The *first* thing to do is to report a bug against both
> packages ("aspell-hi,aspell-mr").
>
> There are several possible technical solutions to this but the first
> important step is recording the issue.

Ok, I'll do the bug reporting part :) My packages after all. But I'd
like to have feedback on the possible solutions to this problem.

I've no major experience with aspell wordlists but my take is to rename
the files themselves:
For Hindi u-deva-hi.cmap and u-deva-hi.cset
For Marathi u-deva-mr.cmap and u-deva-mr.cset

IMHO this is more of an upstream issue rather than a packaging issue. If
both the wordlists are installed (from source or rpm or whichever
method) the problem will persist. So this problem has to be resolved
upstream not at Debian's level.

--
Soumyadip Modak
Mobile : 94330 65971