[Debian-in-workers] D-I translation :: Some Confusions on Bengali

Jamil Ahmed itsjamil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:59:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have found some places where Bengali is not listed or need fix. Are we
[who are working on Bengali] missing something to be done?

"Bengali (bn)" is not listed on the status page,
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/translation-status.html

The following file contains, "bn (bn.po) by Baishampayan Ghose". It
should be, "Bengali (bn.po) by Baishampayan Ghose"?
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/translations.txt

There is no "bn.txt" in the following url,
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/level1/

There is no "bn" folder either,
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/level1/files/

These files do not contain, "bn", "bn: Bengali"
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/languages
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/languages.names
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/quick-overview.txt
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/quick-overview-prospective.txt

There is no graph for "bn"
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/graphs/
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/graphs_stages/

Some languages including "bn", are not listed in the graph...
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/index.html

This file doesn't contain Khanda-Ta [U09CE - included in Unicode 4.1.0]
and Bengali Rupee/Taka Sign [U09F3]
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/SVN-checkout/installer/build/needed-characters/bn

There might be some more. I will inform if I am able to catch them
later. :-)

Regards,
`Jamil