[Debian-in-workers] another try with firefox

Alok G Singh alokgs at cdacb.ernet.in
Thu Sep 1 13:55:53 UTC 2005

On  1 Sep 2005, jaldhar at debian.org wrote:

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Jamie Norrish wrote:

>> It's all a bit frustrating, as these builds are obviously working for
>> others, and I've had a working Pango-enabled build in the past. The
>> second machine I tested on is a relatively new install on which I've
>> done very little messing around, so it's unlikely that the problem is
>> caused by anything I've done (devanagari displays fine in, eg, GEdit
>> and Nautilus on the second machine, as with the first).
>>

> I'm not seeing the misalignment of da.  I am also not seeing the spurious
> halants instead of jodakshars.  I do now and again see vowel signs
> misaligned.
>
> Would anyone else who has tried this build care to comment?

I do not see any misalignment of 'da'. However, I do see some wrong 'jodhakshars', for example, on http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/regionalnews/story/2005/08/050831_azaharuddin_threat.shtml , Azharuddin seems to be written wrong. I must also point out that I am not the best person to comment on Hindi grammar or spelling.

Unfortunately, CVS Emacs on xorg has some problems with the CDAC fonts, so I am unable to paste the relavent words here.

yrs,
Alok

---
Someday you'll get your big chance -- or have you already had it?