[Debian-in-workers] Bengali in new Debian Installer

Jamil Ahmed itsjamil at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:51:47 UTC 2005

Baishampayan Ghose wrote:

>Hello Jamil,
>

>>Indeed Mr. Ghosh is the only contributor for Bangla D-I at the moment.
>>But I think if we work together, we will be able to make the
>>translations usable for both sides much more efficiently.
>>

>That'd be great. At the moment, I am stuck up with some work so it'll be
>helpful if you join me as a co-contributor and start translating the
>files. You can use the Debian-IN SVN repository for that. Once we are
>done with the translation, I can then commit it to the debian svn repo.
>Do tell me if it's ok with you.
>Regards,
>BG

I'll be happy to join with you as a co-contributor. But is there any
rule? I mean, should I have to announce it to any list at debian in a
specific format? :)

I checked out Debian-IN SVN's l10n repository and got
"debian-installer_packages_po.pot" under /POT/debian-installer/level1/.
So we have to work on it at the beginning. Have you done any work on
this file? Let me know.

Btw, After reading the following mail, I think you should request for a
"bn" layout.
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-in-workers/2005-September/000158.html

Thanks,
`Jamil