[Debian-in-workers] Debian-in logo

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Wed Jan 25 09:30:04 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I hope I maybe do not raise a sensitive subject but isn't it a bit
> restrictive to use the flag of India while the project more seems to
> deal with "South Asia" languages support, which includes a few
> countries which are surrounding India....
>

> Sorry for this outsider point of view...

Since I have not contributed so far I did not want to raise this
point but now that it has been raised, I agree with Christian
Perrier. There are two different perspectives on the work done on
this list:

1. Promotion of Debian in India.

2. Promotion of Debian among those who work with Indic languages.

3. Promotion of Debian in South Asia.

Clearly (3) is larger than (1).

We should also recognise that material that addresses only (1)
in some ways more limited than (2) since a number of people
outside India use some of its languages.

Regards,

Kapil.