[Debian-in-workers] Debian-in logo

Ravishekhar S twistedlogix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:53:48 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > I hope I maybe do not raise a sensitive subject but isn't it a bit
> > restrictive to use the flag of India while the project more seems to
> > deal with "South Asia" languages support, which includes a few
> > countries which are surrounding India....
> >

> > Sorry for this outsider point of view...
>
> Since I have not contributed so far I did not want to raise this
> point but now that it has been raised, I agree with Christian
> Perrier. There are two different perspectives on the work done on
> this list:
>
> 1. Promotion of Debian in India.
>
> 2. Promotion of Debian among those who work with Indic languages.
>
> 3. Promotion of Debian in South Asia.
>
> Clearly (3) is larger than (1).
>
> We should also recognise that material that addresses only (1)
> in some ways more limited than (2) since a number of people
> outside India use some of its languages.

Then shouldn't we have a better, all inclusive, politically correct
name for the group?

I was misled by the name  and website of the group and was ignorant
about its objectives.

Thank you,
ravi

PS: On the same line, should not the image with Debian Swirl on a
fluorescent coloured Indian flag be removed from the homepage?