[Debian-in-workers] Fwd: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:59:57 UTC 2007

2007/4/8, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry at gmail.com>:
> I wish that we have some goals for Lenny..
>
> 1. All Official Indian Languages in D-I (mr, ka is in prospective)
> (http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/l10n-stats/translation-status.html)

We need to have a serious look into this.
> 2. Release Note for atleast 5 Indian Languages for Lenny. (More is no harm)

:-)

> 3. Put all Indic packages under Debian-IN. Update them. Fix the bugs!

Also we need to have language tasks so that these are installed by
default. And and indic first cd with all indic packages.
> 4. More fonts (I am working for Gujarati (gu)).

The more the merrier.

> Some more..
>
> 1. Get more involvement from India. We need you!!

This is happening but the rate is slow, we need to speed up.

> 2. Organize Debian activities during well-known Confs like Foss.in, FreeDel.

We had a start last year at FOSS.IN we should continue it.

> 3. Eduacate students.

Its also happening albeit a bit slow.

> And Cheers, Where is (are) Party(ies)? Ah!!

http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Debian/Release_Party/Etch

We need volunteers in each place to have the party. Please add your
place and have the party.

Cheers
Praveen

> --