[Debian-in-workers] Fwd: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers

G Karunakar indlinux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:24:39 UTC 2007

On 4/8/07, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/8/07, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Subject: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You might read about now in debian-announce [1] that we have just
> > released. Please don't upload all your new software instantly, but
> > wait a few days until the archive is set up properly for Lenny.
>
> <snip>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to all!
>
> I wish that we have some goals for Lenny..
>
> 1. All Official Indian Languages in D-I (mr, ka is in prospective)
> (http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/l10n-stats/translation-status.html)
> 2. Release Note for atleast 5 Indian Languages for Lenny. (More is no harm)
> 3. Put all Indic packages under Debian-IN. Update them. Fix the bugs!
> 4. More fonts (I am working for Gujarati (gu)).
>
> Some more..
>
> 1. Get more involvement from India. We need you!!
> 2. Organize Debian activities during well-known Confs like Foss.in, FreeDel.

actually might be good to have a debcamp style event of 1-2 days
before / after the main event.. basically find a venue either same /
alternative (eg. Sarai in Delhi ). Just helps to build more concrete
activity.

also have more shared repositories/DVD sets...
I have etch i386 mirror (apt-mirror) which i carry around.. (will also
update the i386+amd64 debmirror on network)..  both available in
delhi.
will also download the official DVD sets.. idea being there be a local
primary source of mirror/DVD isos.

Karunakar