[Debian-in-workers] Problem opening files used by Itrans

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Sun Jul 29 04:27:50 UTC 2007

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:

> I am trying o use itrans on a Kubuntu Feisty system on a PC. I have compiled
> from itrans, itrans-doc and itrans-fonts from Gutsy Sources using prevu and
> installed them successfully:

> Are you in a position to assist, please? I am happy to try out any minimal file
> you may suggest to try tracing this problem.
>
> FYI, this file worked with the manually installed itrans that used at one time,
> but I thought I would give the Debian-based Ubuntu packages a go and have foundered.

The problem is that the packages were designed to work with tetex and
Debian/Ubuntu is now transitioning to texlive.  We will fix this soon but
in the meantime you might want to stick with your non-packaged version.

Btw, if you need totakashtaka, I converted it with the Debian ITRANS
package some time ago.  You can find it at
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/texts/

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>