[Debian-in-workers] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala gov

doxa at sancharnet.in doxa at sancharnet.in
Sat Jun 9 14:13:12 UTC 2007

>the extend of the previous government). We have nothing against Red
>Hat. The problem is the way government is acted.

How can a MoU come through so fast without getting the consent of official FSF office bearers ? If I understand, Vimal, Arun etc are not part of this consultation process.

Or is it another stunt by *planning member expert* in tandem with IAS official to subvert more ideal FS initiatives in government ?

Their plot may be simple.
1. Get into agreement with RH for their enterprise edition - which will prove that FS initiatives are too costly for govt - their TCO argument.
2. Make CAG vet its point from sustainable angle.
3. Make inroad for M$ application through proper route to all Govt initiatives.

CK Raju