[Debian-in-workers] Re Re: Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala gov

doxa at sancharnet.in doxa at sancharnet.in
Wed Jun 13 04:16:19 UTC 2007

>Free software is about users' rights and freedoms. Period.
>Please read the DFSG and the social contract.

Firstly I doubt whether it is technically correct to call *Government* a *user*. Its an agent here, who has unilaterally gone ahead without holding any consultations with users(and developers).

Secondly, if there are more than one *user*, who have differing opinions about rights and freedoms, then how does one go about resolving. Whose rights and freedoms should we count ?

Since these are the issues involved here, I think the best way to resolve is to hold discussions with developers (since users have not intimated their anxiety with Debian) - I am still not aware of existence of any RH developers who do as much work Debian developers have undertaken from our state.

CK Raju