[Debian-in-workers] Fwd: Debconf i18n session 2/7: lenny i18n release goals

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:05:10 UTC 2007

5th point is very important for most of the indic languages. You
select your language for installation, installer choses that language
as the default, you boot in to the newly installed system and BAHH!!!

You don't have the fonts installed :-(

It should be a release goal for lenny.

I think it would be a good idea to add indic glyphs to ttf-dejavu
(ttf-freefont used to have indic glyphs but it is no longer
maintained) so that it will come in the first cd itself (it is tough
to get all indic fonts in first cd as it is dependant on the
popularity contest score).

Any comments?

Cheers
Praveen