[Debian-in-workers] Kerala Govt's MoU with Red Hat

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:57:30 UTC 2007

2007/6/25, doxa at sancharnet.in <doxa at sancharnet.in>:
> "0. I have questions about GRUB!
> First of all, read the document in the GRUB distribution enough carefully. You should be able to obtain most information from the document. This FAQ just gives you some hints.
>
> Also, note that we don't accept bugs about unofficial versions, such as Red Hat's..." http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-faq.html
>
> Strange, that such references miss the notice of Government when it decides to have a MoU with Red Hat.

I don't think there is anything to worry about there. Since it is Free
Software Red hat will be able to support it, even though grub
developers might refuse. (In the same way debian project won't support
bugs made in Ubuntu or IT at school GNU/Linux). Isn't that one of the
features of Free Software? You could get support from whoever you
likes, it does not have to be GRUB. Also Red Hat was just an example,
all distribution change packages and they do support it, so the bugs
should be sent to Red Hat in this case.

Being said this much, I still stand by all my statements about the
MoU, just that I don't think this particular point has anything to do
with the MoU.

Cheers
Praveen
--