[Debian-in-workers] Lohit Malayalam font & minus sign (Libre Office) List

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:09:18 UTC 2011

I Ran into this strange problem with Lohit Malayalam font on Libre
Office - all latest versions, on a box running experimental / unstable.

I tried inputting the minux (-) sign from the numeric keypad within
Libre Office with Lohit Malayalam font.

For example, I want to indicate a range of numbers, like "5-8" abd
input the minux sign. Since the cursor is not moving, I keep the key
depressed for a while. The cursor does not move. I try quite a few
things, and the cursor refuses to budge only while inputtign the - sign.

Finally, I select the text, change the font to something else, and
find two lines of "-".

I was thinking that if a symbol is not available in a font, the
rendering system will take the glyph from any random font which
contains that particular glyph. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Obviously, this is a font issue, and would like to have confirmation
from somebody else before filing a bug.

Also, if a bug is not filed (guess a mail will be forwarded to this
list since this list is marked as the maintainers) within next 2
hours, please do - I will be travelling from late tnoight and may not
have net access for next 3-4 days.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
Distribute Free Software --