[Debian-in-workers] Feedback required on ttf-indic-fonts

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Apr 4 17:46:14 UTC 2011

Quoting Vasudev Kamath (kamathvasudev at gmail.com):

> I also request every one to help us in changing the name of
> ttf-indic-fonts to new font naming policy (drafting is still in
> progress in pkg-fonts team). New font naming will be in this form
> fonts-<foundry>-name where
> foundry - will be author or company maintaining fonts. Whether foundry
> is mandatory or not is still under discussion in pkg-fonts
> name - will be name of font

It's very likely that we finally settle to make the foundry name
optional.

So, for the quite complicated package we're talking about, it would
become "fonts-indic".

OTOH, this could be an opportunity to decide whether it's a good idea
to keep the package as a unique source package, given the many
different origins (and sometimes licenses) of the various fonts.