[Debian-in-workers] Pending Changes todo for Package Maintainers

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Sun Nov 13 11:12:04 UTC 2011

Quoting Vasudev Kamath (kamathvasudev at gmail.com):
> On 08:16 Sun 13 Nov     , Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Quoting Vasudev Kamath (kamathvasudev at gmail.com):
> >
> > > 1. Renaming all fonts-* packages to contain full language name instead
> > > of script name. We first discussed ISO-15924 codes but some languages
> > > are missing them so we are going for full language name
> >

> > I don't understand this, particularly the part "some languages are
> > missing".
>
> We have font package called fonts-lohit-as for Assamese but Assamese
> has not got any ISO 15924 code we had asked this in previous thread
> and finally Santhosh told that for Assamese its Beng since it uses
> Bengali script that way we will have 2 package with same name which
> is not possible so we decided to go with full language name instead

What I don't understand is the need to have a separate font for
Assamese if it uses the same script than Bengali..:-)

Otherwise said, the font claimed to be a font for Assamese can indeed
also be a font for Bengali..:-)

So, why not put the fonts you imagine putting in fonts-lohit-as and
fonts-lohit-bn in the same package called "fonts-lohit-beng"?